By making a booking with the Pauline Whittaker Dog Training School (PWDTS) you acknowledge that you have read, understood and accept the terms and conditions as detailed:
All training by PWDTS is kind, fair and reward based using positive reinforcement training methods. The PWDTS method of reward based training relies heavily on the use of food treats. Small class sizes (maximum of 8 dogs) ensure classes are fun and rewarding for both dog and owner in a relaxed environment. In the interests of safety, responsibility and welfare it is important that the following terms and conditions are noted:
- Choke / check chains, prong collars, punitive methods and manhandling of your dog will not be allowed in class. Flexi-leads are not allowed in class to avoid injury to others
- Owners are expected to clear up after their dogs in and around the training venue. Please therefore ensure you have sufficient supplies of poo bags etc. and take any waste with you for disposal at home
- Children are welcome to attend classes, but young people under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult. If your child is under the age of 5 please ensure 2 responsible adults are present – one to look after the child, and the other to look after the dog
- All dogs must be fully vaccinated, and up to date with their flea / worming treatments. If you think your dog has been exposed to a contagious disease (e.g. kennel cough), or if your bitch is in season please do not bring them to class. If your dog is unable to attend you are most welcome to come without your dog in order to keep up to date with classes
- It is your responsibility to ensure you attend on the correct date, time and place for the class
- All dogs must remain on lead (and kept away from contact with other dogs) in the class unless specifically instructed otherwise by the trainer
Payment: All classes, workshops and 1-2-1 lessons must be paid for in advance either via an online banking transfer, cash or by cheque (payments by cheque are subject to an additional administration fee of £1.50 to cover bank charges) – places cannot be confirmed until payment has been made in full and failure to pay may result in your place on the course being given to another client. PWDTS does not offer reductions or refunds for missed classes, and refunds will not generally be given unless there are exceptional circumstances and at the discretion of PWDTS.
PWDTS makes every effort to ensure the safety of both clients and dogs during classes. By making a booking you are accepting that participating in an activity with dogs, children and adults poses a risk of injury to yourself and your dog, and you agree to indemnify PWDTS for all personal injury and damage to property owned by you whilst attending the classes. You also agree to make any person who accompanies you to the class aware that they are also there at their own risk.
PWDTS reserves the right to change content, timing, date, venue or instructor – we make every effort to ensure this does not happen but sometimes it is unavoidable (e.g. due to bad weather / illness). PWDTS undertakes to contact everyone affected by a time, date or venue change by text / email at least one hour before the class is due to start, and all bookings will be rescheduled to an alternative date. PWDTS will not be liable for any losses or expenses arising from any unavoidable course amendment or cancellation.
All PWDTS trainers are highly qualified, and receive ongoing training and support. In the event that your usual instructor is unwell or on annual leave PWDTS reserves the right to utilise another suitably qualified instructor in their place.
Data Protection: The information on your booking form will only be used as a record of you and your dog, and to contact you in relation to training activities – it will not be passed on to any third parties. PWDTS may send out occasional emails advising you of current courses, workshops and events – if you do not wish to receive these emails please advise PWDTS by email (email@example.com)
Photo release: by agreeing to the above terms and conditions you give PWDTS permission to publish in print or digitally the likeness or image of you and your dog. You release all claims against PWDTS in respect of privacy / publicity rights, copyright ownership and publication including any claim for compensation regarding the use of the materials.